Normally, today would have been a swim + bike day. Swimming was out due to my having to do laundry this morning, since the Y's pool gets busy after 8am, and I don't like sharing lanes. Also, having just ran a 5k race, today was supposed to be recovery day. "Recovery Day" is a day that I force myself not to do any physical exercises in order to let my muscles relax, recuperate, and recover. I started the morning with laundry, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming, bought a couple of Tri magazines, and pretty much didn't do a whole lot else, the whole time itching to "Do something". I made it to about 2:30pm and say "F this noise! Imma go biking!"
Off I went, on my bike instead of driving the 7 miles, down to Lynn Woods. My mountain bike is now back to mountain bike mode with soft tires and shocks and let me tell you it really does make a difference on that road speed.
I decided, having gone alone, that I should stick to the main trails and avoid any of the "dangerous" stuff so that I don't end up stuck out there with a broken arm, leg, or both, and I still managed to fall over in such a manner that I was really glad no one was around to see. There are these little wooden boardwalk like bridges, a little less than 2 feet wide, and I managed to topple over just trying to hop the 4 inch vertical to get up on it. I think I lost balance and slid the front tire off the edge, which sent me off the other edge. Oops!

Except for the fall, which really wasn't bad at all, and actually kind of fun/funny, I managed to almost get lost (Thank goodness for the map, and the power lines marking the northern area when I should have been going south!), got a nice view of Boston from Steel Tower hill top, saw a doe with a fawn, and didn't fall over any other times! It was a nice little outdoor excursion, that made me happy to be feeling the wind fly past my face, seeing beautiful nature, and the rush that comes with physical activities. I was feeling pretty happy with life. :)
...Then I had to bike the 7 mile bike ride back up to Salem on Route 107 which is sort of busy, and drivers aren't always nice. Yeah, I got honked at out there for being on the road. Fortunately a quick cool down ride around Salem with a stop at the Wharf can bring back the cheer. Yeay for biking! My legs can recover tonight while I'm asleep. :P

No comments:
Post a Comment