OK. Lets see if I can do this... again! I'm resurrecting this as a place to post my personal musings and thoughts. Thoughts that I feel don't belong on my more content specific site LostCarcosa.net. This will also be a place for me to post all about my adventure into the world of competitive Triathlon/Duathlon racing.
So where did this begin? Since I've gotten divorced, I've been trying to find foothold in life. What do I do with myself now? I signed back up into the Army, which gave me the Army Physical Fitness test to strive towards. I've since taken myself from being out of shape to passing the PT test with a 362 out of 300. Thats 90 pushups in 2 minutes, 100 situps in 2 minutes, and a 10:45 2 mile run. Its almost a joke. So what now?
Now its time to strive to completing an Ironman. All 140.6 miles of it! My current goal is to start doing some small tri/duo races this year. Really short ones. Sometime before the snow hits, I will do a personal 1/4 Ironman, or about 36 miles. Next year, I will do an Ironman 70.3. And that leaves the full on one for next year, or the year after.
This is of course assuming I don't get deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan before then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment